Proofreading & Editing Services
Please note that all proofreading and editing services are for completed documents that have been edited at least once. I offer assistance with grammar, spelling errors, word choice, sentence structure, and overall organization and presentation.
- Academic – Editing and proofreading services for students needing help with polishing their essays, research papers, or any other written academic assignment.
- Business – Editing and proofreading of written business collateral including blog posts, social media posts, website content, proposals, and other business documents.
- Personal – Personal editing and proofreading services for individuals needing help with personal documents including but not limited to resumes, bios, applications, and personal statements.
- EFL Editing – Editing and proofreading services for students learning English as a Foreign Language (EFL) including essays, papers, assignments, and other documents.
After contacting me you’ll be able to send me up to four pages* of your work for a free quote. All quotes are based on word count, turnaround time and the amount of editing/proofreading required. Each project comes with one revision. Any further revisions will incur additional fees.
The Editor’s fees are $45 per hour for Academic and Personal editing (personal statements, bios, resumes, cover letters, and essays. The fee is $50 per hour for Business editing (blog posts, proposals, large manuscripts). Hourly time is billed in quarter-hour segments. I am happy to provide customized packages based on any special requirements.
* One page equals an average of 250 words (10 words average per line, 25 lines average per page, double-spaced, Times New Roman). Documents should be on 8×11 paper, double-spaced, in Arial, Courier, or Times New Roman, 12 point font.
I use Microsoft Word .docx files employing the “track changes” feature to complete all copyediting or proofreading work. You will receive both a “tracked” copy and a “clean” copy of the document at the end of the process.
Once I begin your project, you will have access to an exclusive portal where you can communicate with me as well as access all documents associated with your project. If you prefer, I can also book a discovery call with you to discuss your proofreading and editing requirements.
I accept payment via credit card or e-check. All jobs that are $100 or less require full payment in advance. Work that is more than $100 requires a 50% non-refundable deposit. The remaining 50% is due upon completion and delivery of the work.